For our users in Kuwait, we’re pleased to announce adding support for KNET payment gateway and exchanging bitcoin in Kuwaiti Dinars. We’ve been working tirelessly to make sure our exchange and wallet products are easy to use and hassle-free. We’ll be rolling out more services and products in the next coming months with more added features to make your experience is as smooth and seamless as possible. Log in to BitOasis.net and try out our exchange and integrations. If you have any questions, drop us a message on [email protected] or tweet at us @BitOasis
To all our exchange
users, we’d like to inform you that your buy bitcoin orders will be processed instantly as soon as we confirm receiving your
payment. Starting from the 5th of September – 30th of September.
For users buying higher
than 15,000 AED they’ll receive 50 AED of free credit, and for orders higher
than 30,000 AED users will receive 100 AED of free credit.
In order to be able to
buy higher amounts of bitcoin, you will need to verify your account on our
platform by giving us a few extra information about yourself. You will find the
‘Increase Limits’ page on the ‘Buy Bitcoin’ tab.
If you have any
questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected]
Join BitOasis team for a live Q&A session on Monday, 8th August, 6pm Dubai Time on our Facebook page. With the new developments in the Bitcoin and Blockchain space, we’d love to hear from our community on any questions they have on BitOasis and the Bitcoin space.
Our co-founders and team members; Ola Doudin, Daniel Robenek and Dina Saman will be there to answer your questions on our future plans, products, security procedures or any of the recent news in the bitcoin space regionally and internationally.
We’d like to inform our customers that our exchange partner Bitfinex is under major outage due to security issues identified. We confirm that none of our funds or customer funds have been compromised as we do not store any bitcoins in our partner exchange. Our wallets and user BitOasis wallets and funds have not been under any attack or directly or indirectly compromised. We reconfirm the safety of our exchange and platform.
However, since we relied on Bitfinex for some of our brokerage functions, currently the following features will be temporarily disabled or reduced today as we move to a new partner exchange:
– Buy voucher will be set to 2000AED/week for all users – Voucher redeem and sell are disabled until further notice
Please note that fiat and bitcoin withdrawals and transactions from BitOasis are still active and no limits were reduced.
If you are waiting for your bitcoin redeem since yesterday, please allow us a period of 4 working days to send you your bitcoin.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation and we’re working hard to avoid such inconveniences in the future.
To all our exchange users, you can now request higher weekly limits on BitOasis exchange. In the recent weeks, we’ve been hard at work increasing our exchange liquidity, instant buy/sell features and allowing our users to exchange higher amounts of bitcoin. Our new “Increase Limits” feature will allow you to apply for a higher weekly buy, sell and withdrawal limits to cater for your exchange requirements.
Below are the steps to apply for increase limits on BitOasis:
1. From the Buy/Sell Bitcoin tab, you can click on “Increase Limits”. The screen will display your current limits and allow you to apply for higher limits.
2. Once you click on Apply for higher limits, you’ll be asked to fill in additional information and specify the weekly exchange limits you need. As soon as we receive your request we’ll need less than 24 hours to confirm and review your application.
have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team
at [email protected] or tweet at
us @BitOasis, we’d love to hear from you!
Yesterday we had a planned service upgrade on our platform to improve our multisignature security and add new transaction features to your wallet. BitOasis multisig wallet is now supported by wallet security provider, BitGo, where your second multisig key will be securely stored. We have also improved our dynamic transaction fees allocation to make sure your transactions won’t get stuck again on the bitcoin network or have you overpay on fees.
The following are some of the new features added to your wallet:
– SMS multisig transaction confirmation: We will no longer initiate a call confirmation to your personal mobile number to confirm your transaction and sign with your second key. Starting today, outgoing wallet transactions and sell trades that require user confirmation will now be confirmed via SMS. Once you initiate a transaction an OTP code will be sent to you via SMS. Once you receive it you will need to type in the code on your screen to sign with your second key and send out your bitcoins.
– New transaction thresholds: You now have a daily limit of 0.2BTC of transactions above which your wallet will initiate an SMS confirmation to your mobile to allow you to sign with the second key (OTP code confirmation explained above). Any transaction below the 0.2BTC limit will not trigger an SMS confirmation. In the future we will be allowing you to set your own daily limit that you’re comfortable with.
– Dynamic transaction fees: We’ve introduced dynamic transaction fees to our users to make sure you pay just the required amount for your transaction to be processed by the network without unexpected delays. This is in response to the increase in transactional volume on the network and the unexpected delays some of our users have been experiencing during high congestion period. With dynamic fees bitcoin transactions will be processed in a more predictable way with no unexpected delays. Fees will typically be below standard during times of low network activity and higher during period of high network congestion.
We also would like to confirm that our fully distributed 2-of-3 multisig wallet setup hasn’t changed. In this case we’ve partnered up with BitGo to securely store users second key. You will also have the ability to recover your funds through your recovery key.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at [email protected] and you can sign up for a new BitOasis wallet at bitoasis.net.
Note: our iOS mobile app wallet will be upgraded by next week, we will keep you posted on the status through our social media channels and newsletter. Follow us on twitter @BitOasis and like our page on Facebook.
We’d like to inform you that we have a planned service upgrade scheduled on the evening of May18th at 8:00 pm till midnight Dubai Time (4:00 pm – 8:00 pm GMT).
The purpose of the planned service upgrade is to update our system and upgrade our security procedures. Hence, BitOasis wallet and exchange services will be temporarily unavailable during the period of the service upgrade We apologize for any inconvenience and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Good news to all our exchange customers, you no longer have to wait days to get your bitcoin vouchers processed!
We have now introduced instant confirmation for buy vouchers and sell transactions up to 10,000AED. If you buy a voucher up to 10,000AED on BitOasis your voucher will be instantly processed as soon as we receive your payment.
Vouchers higher than 10,000AED will still take 4 working days to be processed. We are working as hard as we can to increase the limit further in the coming month and we will keep you posted on our progress.